Come Join SPrING! We'd love to have you as a member!
Click here to join this group on LinkedIn!

Friday, July 11, 2008

When you have a chance... help.

Help someone. Do it because it's right. Do it because they need it. Do it even if it has no direct benefit for you. Pay it forward. A few recent examples just from this morning:

  • A friend of mine is looking for a job. We spent time going over his resume and I'm sending it out to a bunch of people I know.
  • I publicized someone's business to a potential customer.
  • I made a connection between two colleauges I know (who didn't know one another) so they can explore opportunities together.

To be clear - all these things took up valuable time. And it was totally worth it. Pay it forward. Over time, it comes back in spades. Help where you can. We all could use it.

- Mike Figliuolo at thoughtLEADERS, LLC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Have you ever read the book "Never Eat Alone" by Keith Ferrazzi.

I think you would really get a kick out of it.

marty

Mike Figliuolo said...

Marty,
I have. I'm actually a huge proponent of it. If you hop over to the thoughtLEADERS blog (http://thoughtleadersllc.blogspot.com), you'll see the book on my recommended reading list on the right sidebar and links to Keith Ferrazzi's blog on the left - good reading. Thanks for the suggestion!

What industry are you from?